Perhaps instead of buying that 7 liter SUV to ferry
the kids to soccer, we'll opt for the 6.8 liter and get that warm, fussy
feeling that we have personally saved the planet from becoming a hot house.

In my family fleet, there have been quite a few changes in vehicles over the
past couple years, many due to my suggestions.  The 12MPG Suburban was
replaced by a 21MPG minivan.  The PT cruiser was replaced by the HHR which
gets slightly better fuel mileage.  The SD averages in the mid 20's to
30MPG.  Speaking of huge, lumbering SUV's, I actually toyed with the idea of
getting a Frod Excursion diesel to be the hauling/towing vehicle before
buying the Sprinter.  The Excursion is lucky to get 17MPG on the highway
without any load or passengers in it!  The   Sprinter also gets better
mileage compared to the Cummins diesel pickup that it replaced, 22MPG
average for the Sprinter compared to 15 for the pickup.  It's also a bit
shorter, holds more people, and has a MUCH better turning circle.  All of
the fuel cost savings is enough to allow the boat to come out of hiding for
the summer.

Kevin in Portland, OR
1983 300SD 267Kmi, Ursula who got dropped off at MBI today for much needed
attention
2006 Sprinter PV 1.6Kmi, The Box (what is the German word for Box?)