Hendrik wrote:
> and we learn what from this? Personally i prefer to view something
> like junkyard wars and the other challenge programs. There was one on
> the other day about remote controlled submarines that had to compete
> in a series of trials, that was interesting. A bunch of poms
> thrashing other peoples cars in a stupid attempt to attract even more
> stupid viewers, so the network can sell even more stupid products, is
> not my idea of spending quality time in front of the Fernseher.

I agree that I would rather do something with my life than sit down and
watch someone live theirs (ie, sitcoms). On the other hand, you can't
learn stuff 24/7... you have to sit back and enjoy something
occasionally. I sneak in the Sci-Fi shows that way (Battlestar Galactica
being the one at the moment).

The vast majority of the time I spend in front of the TV (which really
isn't all that much) isn't watching a show or movie... but playing a
video game of some sort.  At least I'm interacting with with the TV then
;)

John