I think they were rebuilt to MB standards at a factory in the U.S. approved
by MB.  I would like to hear Marshalls comment on this since I seem to
recall him advocating them back then.
Gerry

>I love the term "Factory Rebuilt".
> Think they send them back to the Fatherland where Elves rebuild them?
> I met a fellow several years ago who was convinced that his new fender
> had "Factory Paint" on it!  Yes, he thought that the new fender had
> been made and painted in the factory!
> In East Hartford, CT there was a dealer who rebuilt flathead fords in
> the 50's.  They were advertised, stamped and invoiced as "Factory
> Rebuilt".  Because Ford wanted the royalty!
> Where are people like that when I have something to sell?
> Regards,
> Pete Arnold

->>What happened to the MB factory rebuilt transmissions that we were
advised >>to buy a year or two ago?  Did they quit rebuilding them or did
the price go