> The description says it's "super quite" with the enclosure on---so how
> "quite" is it really, compared to an idling 603 with the hood down,
> say?

I wouldn't say that it's really all that quiet, but I was
surprised at how unobjectionable the noise it did make was.
That enclosure works, to be sure.  It's a lot quieter than
the usual rope-pull generattle, even though it's a diesel.
Obviously I haven't tested it under load!

Does your 603 have intact belly pans?  Makes quite a diff!
:-)

-- Jim