Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 07:54:53 -0400
From: "LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] Considering 87 190D 5 sp
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Howdy all -
    Found a 87 190D to replace my 78 240D.  Not very familiar with the
 87
190D series.  W201 I believe.  The ad says 5 cyl & 5 sp.  What is
 capacity
of 5 cyl 190D engine?  Doesn't ring any bells -

    I assume this combination would get pretty good mpg's?

    How robust is this engine trans combination?  Has 185k miles - to
 me
that's just broken in good but a personal insp will tell.  That's next.

Not sure if it'll feel large enough for me - as I get older I like
 bigger
cars - like a W126 ;-)

    I'm hoping to arm myself with some beakground facts 1st.  I know
 the
W201 was introduced in 84 to replace the W123 - I have a 84 sales
 brochure -
would that be representative of a 87 model?

    Thanks for any info you can offer -

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net