No I saw it and posted the following:

I don't think your car has the CIS/E mixture adjustment screw, pretty
sure the M104 is all electronic fuel injection (motronic?).
As a side note, even if you had this adjustment screw, you should not
fiddle with it unless you have a CO meter and know what you are doing.
The reason being is that the system gets feedback from the oxygen sensor
and if you manually adjust the mixture it will put the system out of
balance. The result being that you could damage your engine.
Far as your emission problems go, there are a number of things that can
cause this, from a dirty air filter to a stuffed catalytic converter. I
would focus on your oxygen sensor first and make sure it is working
properly. As the O2 sensor ages it will make the system run richer and
thus spew out more CO. Unfortunately this sort of thing is hard to
diagnose by a home mechanic due to the tools required to diagnose the
system properly.

Robb Taglieri wrote:
> I have a '93 300E 2.8 that has failed emissions.  While I was at
> emissions
> testing I ran into a person who has a 88 300E that also failed.  He
> was told
> by his mechanic that there is a 3mm allen screw in the center of the
> top of
> the air intake that if you turn it backwards it will lean the
> mixture.  When
> tested it actually did lower the HC's count. I am wondering if there
> is such
> an adjustment and where it would be on the '93 I have.
>
> Robb
> 93 300E, 89 300 SEL, 81 300D, 85 380SL

Unfortunately you will always get people who expect a lot for nothing. I
guess Robb wanted to hear "turn a little screw half a turn this way and
all your problems will be solved".
Well Robb, perhaps instead of whining you could learn to fix your car. I
am not a trained mechanic and all the stuff I know has come from tech
manuals, taking advice from others and experience from making mistakes.
Often I ask a question and get no reply, that is part of these type of
online lists. If you paid to be a member of this list I could understand
your grievance but you didn't, so instead of insulting the members
perhaps you could spend your time finding a competent MB technician who
can diagnose the problem areas of your 14 year old car.
Like I said before, if you don't have the tools or experience,
diagnosing a modern fuel injection system is hard.