On 10/24/07, Zoltan Finks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know that often my dogs don't want my petting, or don't like the
> silly hassling I may be giving them, but they just put up with it. I
> like that arrangement. Again, I guess I have just changed from a cat
> and dog lover to something closer to just a dog lover.

Yeah, it's good to remember that cats and dogs really have been bred
(dogs more so) to have fundamentally different personalities---dogs
are happiest when gainfully employed, while cats just lie around and
indulge in the comforts offered by their humans.  Like the bumper
sticker says, "Dogs have owners; cats have staff."

> I think it's awesome that they are just little versions of the
> ferocious "big" cats in the wild. And they really are ferocious
> animals.

True.  Some like to be with people more than others, but at heart
their lives basically consist, like any predator's, of hunting,
eating, and then sleeping until it's time to hunt again.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo et al.