There are a lot of a**holes everywhere, some of them manage to get
enough money to travel places where they expect everything to work like
the restaurant down the street.  In this case the guy probably arrived
on a cruise ship, they seem to attract those kind of "world travelers."

I went to Santorini a few years back, it was a gorgeous place with nice
people and a lot of good restaurants (at least in Ia where we stayed).
There were some lovely lasses on the beach who were getting the full sun
treatment, nudge nudge wink wink say no more...  I made a point of
studying these cultural learnings closely.

--R