<<they just sent some guys to Japan to show them how to make them faster and
cheaper. :-)>>

Ed, this is what happens when all you read are your own posts.

As I posted some time back, more than twelve years ago Porsche openly hired a
Japanese consulting company to come in and redesign the factory (from the
"German" way of doing things) to lower costs and raise efficiency.

As a result, production cost of the 993 was cut by a third and soon after,
the first zero defects car was built in the company's history. And today,
Porsche's profit per unit is the highest in the industry, worldwide.

Which is also why I bought a new Mercedes instead of a Boxster or Cayman.

RLE