The theory holds true if you drain the oil, change the filter, fill with
new oil and start the motor. The theory is that the engine internals
still have a coating on them to give some protection while the oil pump
primes. Next time you change your oil see how long it takes for oil
pressure to rise as compared to when you start the engine in the
morning. My oil pressure comes up straight away while after an oil
change it takes a few seconds before pressure builds.

Hendrik