Whoops, sorry didn't realize you were talking about a gasser.

You'd mentioned something about injectors, was that a replacement?

I'd wonder if after a good road trip of a couple hundred miles say you take a
sample and see if it still shows the fuel contamination.

6 mile trips are going to be all hell on oil, the engine never really warms up
in that short a period... If fuel contamination forces you to change oil at
less than 8,000 miles I'd say theres no point at all in using synthetic oil.

My wife was driving my pickup all the time, her commute was about 6 miles round
trip. We moved and now she's up to 20 miles round trip. I should do some more
analysis and see if the problems have dissipated. Even with the fuel
contamination 8,000 mile oil changes weren't a problem and since it was keeping
the rear main leak at bay I kept with it.

-Curt

Robert Bigham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Curt, I am one of the Benz gasser
gang.  I do have a diesel VW.
The Benz is the one I asked about cleaning inside the engine.

I do a lot of 6 mile trips, some longer, and some real road trips.
No futzing around for a few blocks at a time.

 Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:09:47 -0800 (PST)