Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:39:27 -0600
From: "Robert Bigham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Cleaning enigine inside with synthetic oil
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com

In recent issues, some have remarked that Mobil 1 or (maybe)
similar synthetic oils will clean out interior engine nasties, or
words to that effect.

Is that for real?  I'm talking about the black almost crusty crap
that may accumulate on interior engine surfaces.  I'd like to
hear from someone who claims to have actually done it.

Assuming it is for real, how does one use it for this purpose?

Change oil and filter, obviously.  Then run for how long?  How
many miles/change oil and filter cycles are thought needful?

In a past life I knew a fellow who would pour the same gallon
of diesel through an engine repeatedly for this purpose with engine
initially warm but not running.  He would change the diesel when
he thought it was nasty enough and quit when he stopped getting
black nasties dissolved or suspended in fresh diesel.d

Does anyone have any comment on that?

Does anyone have a recommended other procedure for the
same purpose?

Thanks all.