From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Hendrik & Fay
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:20 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] synthetic oil prices

Unfortunately yes it is expensive over here, not sure why. Perhaps a
lack of competition?
Anyway I was in the local GM dealer the other day and on the counter
they had an advertising thingy for castrol oils, basicallly it was three
sealed tubes about 4 inches long with oil and a ball bearing. One tube
had synthetic, one had semi-synthetic and the last had dino.
The point of it was, when you tipped it over you could see the ball
bearings 'race' each other down. The fully synthetic always won, the
semi was half as fast and the dino took forever.

Hendrik
who had hours of fun watching the pretty ball bearings race