Thanks, Tom...

See, I'm quite a novice here and I'll admit. Oh, I'm good enough with tools
(for a music major) and had years of experience changing the oil (always
10W40) and even replacing brake pads and water pump on the old Continental
and the Fleetwood. I'll tackle small repairs like replacing door checks,
glow plug relay fuses, etc. but know that if I'm so bold to ruin something
because I haven't a clue nor knowledge, it'll be at my own expense.

That said, I hear "Mobil 1, Mobile 1." Their website...

http://www.mobiloil.com/usa-english/motoroil/car_care/which_oil/WhichOilOpti
on2.aspx

...keeps returning 0W30 as the proper weight.

"Mercedes already knows - follow their recommendations."  As Little Red says
to the wolf, "You're gonna do me just like the book say!"  Owner's manual
recommends SAE 10W-40 for year round ave. ambient temperatures.

I can tell you all you wanna know about relative minor and fully diminished
chords and good chord substitutions. I can also argue all day about why I
like Baldwin pianos better than Steinway... but you guys are the prophets
here and I'm grateful to you.

AVERAGE YEAR ROUND, what weight of the Mobile 1????

Thanks!
Tim