I cant believe somebody would just pay $2500 for it right then and
there.  I guess that is more understandable that if you had a deal with
and agreed price and he sold it.  I have had that happen before.

Jim Cathey wrote:
>> I guess you can't fault someone for taking cash on the barrel
>
> It's rough, but I believe my policy would be that anybody
> who was ready to pay the asking price would take precedence
> over anybody who was not, and I wouldn't feel too bad about
> 'dumping' them.
>
> It _would_ be immoral to dump a guy who'd agreed in any
> form to the asking price for any other potential buyer.
> Gets into a gray area when nobody has actually seen or
> committed to the car yet.
>
> I've never sold anything where there was that much action
> to worry about!  It took three months to sell the 240D,
> and something like a year an a half (or was it 2.5?) to
> sell the 450 SL.  Months to sell my old Dodge pickup, etc.
>
> -- Jim

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  94 E420, 92 300SD, 92 300D, 92 250D Turbo, 92 300E 4Matic,
  91 300D, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 89 260E, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro,
  84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 81 380SLC, 80 240D, 76 240D,
  76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250