I guess I haven't followed the whole thread. No, can't fault the guy for
accepting the full ask price.

I had listed one of my cars on Craigslist at a firm price. My mechanic
listed a similar 1984 300D (about same mileage, pretty identical even same
color) at the same time. We've gotten a laugh because the same people have
called and driven each of the cars and now are trying to play one against
the other, "There's a car just like this on Craigslist but he's willing to
accept..."  It's a laugh because the buyers don't realise we know each other
and each other's cars. This morning the laugh was that the couple had seen
one of my other cars in the shop and asked the mechanic if "the owner" might
be interested in selling. They didn't realise that just two days ago it was
the car I was driving when they came to look at the first. As we've decided
they're just curious "tire kickers," mechanic and I are thinking about
trading cars for a week and really confusing them.