It seems than at Mon, 17 Dec 2007 00:13:00 -0500, Timothy wrote:

> Gerry...
>
> When the barometric pressure is just so, I can predict a snow
> (as tonight) in that I can hear the distant train.
>
> Nothing though can compare to the sound of the steam whistle
> on the locomotive.

Aaah, yes.

The mid-west has a few farm reunion weekend show things. Old
Threshers in IA is especially well known. In MO, there's the
Missouri River Valley Steam Engine Association Back to the Farm
Reunion that is held every year the weekend after Memorial day
just off of I-70 about 30 miles west of Columbia. At noon, all
the running steam traction engines sound off their whistles.

It's not a train, but it's steam!

> I remember, "Passengers will please refrain from using toilet
> when the train is sitting in the station..."

Just 10 years ago that was still true in India...

--           Philip