Be very careful of "old Eagles"  I'm interested in a bus conversation
to retire in, I've done a bunch of research.
"Old Eagles" were grand units, unfortunately most of the now have
terminal rust on internal framework.  Many folks have been badly
burned spending 100K to convert one to a motor home before finding
this out!

Better choice:  Later M.C.I.

Pete

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 02:10:11 -0500, you wrote:

>I so love steam and really love the smell of coal burning.
>
>Just the same I love the smell of diesel. My very few experiences on a
>Trailways I confused the smell of the "blue water" (toilet). A dream of mine
>is to own an old Eagle coach.
>

>> From: Fmiser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 00:48:32 -0600
>> To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>> Subject: Re: [MBZ] Father R.M.Archer 4th from left
>>
>> It seems than at Mon, 17 Dec 2007 00:13:00 -0500, Timothy wrote:
>>
>>> Gerry...
>>>
>>> When the barometric pressure is just so, I can predict a snow
>>> (as tonight) in that I can hear the distant train.
>>>
>>> Nothing though can compare to the sound of the steam whistle
>>> on the locomotive.
>>
>> Aaah, yes.
>>
>> The mid-west has a few farm reunion weekend show things. Old
>> Threshers in IA is especially well known. In MO, there's the
>> Missouri River Valley Steam Engine Association Back to the Farm
>> Reunion that is held every year the weekend after Memorial day
>> just off of I-70 about 30 miles west of Columbia. At noon, all
>> the running steam traction engines sound off their whistles.
>>
>> It's not a train, but it's steam!
>>
>>> I remember, "Passengers will please refrain from using toilet
>>> when the train is sitting in the station..."
>>
>> Just 10 years ago that was still true in India...
>>
>> --           Philip

Regards,

Peter T. Arnold

2007 HHR, 2.4L/Auto, LT2, 19Kmi, No problems!
1987 300SDL  286 KMI  Now lives with Dave Walton, Cleveland Ohio
1995 F-250 PowerChoke  199Kmi
1954 Metropolitan Convertible, Hanger Queen
Wife has a Cruizer, 87 Kmi, as reliable as an Ice Box, the car that is!