Sounds like someone used imperial tools on a metric car :'(
Either that or they where overtightened. I have said it before and will
more than likely say it again, get yourself a good set of allen socket
tools. If you are going to work on a MB you'll need em.
Guess it is time for the drill and ezy outs, hate the bloody things but
sometimes they are the only recourse. Because the bolts are recessed you
can't just grind the head off. I suppose if you got a big enough drill
bit you can drill the top of the bolt off.