Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 03:22:09 -0800
From: "Zoltan Finks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] Harrowing and or Hilarious driving stories
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Engaging stories, Timothy. Brings to mind three things:

3. My first serious girlfriend (we were about 16) put her parents' Ford
Maverick into their living room after we had sneaked it out. I parked
 it in
the carport but she decided it needed reparking to avoid parents'
 detection.
She panicked and hit the gas instead of the brake. I certainly don't
 purport
to have nerves of steel, but I have noticed that this whole panicking
 and
hitting the wrong pedal thing seems to be a female trait.

As much as women vehemently insist on enjoying the status as drivers
equal-to or better-than than men, it just ain't true. Most would
 benefit
hugely from a very basic understanding of the vehicle and its dynamics.
 In
addition, I just don't think it's inborn to a woman to control moving
machinery. Had to cringe today as I was tailgated by a cute high school
 aged
thing piloting a brand new Suburban and neglecting repeatedly to use
 her
turn signals. I then watched her in my rearview turn a corner and
 proceed to
tailgate the next guy.

Brian