My paternal grandfather smoked two packs of Marlboros
a day along with consuming at least 2-3 shots of
Canadian Club.  While infirm in his last few years, he
lived to 98.

My Dad died at 54, almost 25 years ago, the victim of
esophageal cancer.  He was a pipe smoker.  Go figure.
The 5 year survival rate for esophageal cancer is
still pretty lousy today, too.

Dan (non-smoker)

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs