> Mitch,
>
> Try taking your kids out of the public school system without
> enrolling them in a "Government approved" private school
> system here in the States and you'll discover how many parents
> rights you don't have. And by the way, home schooling is only
> legal in some states because of a support network that has
> been approved by "big brother".
>
> Tom

My first pass reading that I thought you were saying

"the reason home schooling is legal because there are some
states that that have fought off 'big brother'".

This is not correct. But then I read through it again and
realized that it could be read a different way.

"in some states, home schooling is only allowed if the home
schoolers are a part of 'big brother's' network".

Which is correct.

The English language - especially the North American version -
can be so obtuse...

--                   Philip