REL wrote regarding the 230

"Yes, I remember this and the story at the time was they were only
marketed in

the eastern part of the country where there were no real hills to
climb."

I know you were referring to the 230, but there have been some comments
about the 250.  In later model 250's they had the 2.8 six cylinder
(M110?). they were actually pretty stout and had significant pickup.  I
agree they were very thirsty.  When the twin carbs were out of
adjustment on mine, I remember getting 9-10 mpg.

Wasn't there a 230TE wagon in later years?  I thought someone on here
had one.

Donald H. Snook