LWB250 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am all for privatization of schools for the reasons given earlier.
> We have a superintendent that is the product of nepotism, making
> over a quarter of a million a year, and she barely has a Master's
> degree.  Check out any school superintendent in the other top ten
> school districts in the nation (we're currently 7th or 8th) and you
> won't find one that has anything less than a Ph.D.

Here, the superintendent is hired by an elected school board.  I
assumed it was that way everywhere.  So, the position is effectively a
political appointment.  We've had some really good ones in the past
(thinking of one in particular, and he had an Ed.D.) but lately they
seem to unremarkable.  The school board candidates often run
unopposed, so it's quite an incestuous situation.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230