--- Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here, the superintendent is hired by an elected
> school board.  I
> assumed it was that way everywhere.  So, the
> position is effectively a
> political appointment.  We've had some really good
> ones in the past
> (thinking of one in particular, and he had an Ed.D.)
> but lately they
> seem to unremarkable.  The school board candidates
> often run
> unopposed, so it's quite an incestuous situation.
>
> Allan

Same thing here, but the board itself is incestuous,
so it's pretty much a given that whoever they choose
will be one of their "buddies."  For this last go
'round they blew $30k of our tax dollars with a search
firm, only to turn around, ignore the recommendations,
and promote this worthless woman from inside.  Had
they hired one of the search firm's choices, the
person would have either quit out of frustration or
rankled so many people in the administration things
would come to a standstill.

Dan

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs