OMG.  If there every was a blueprint for inconsistency
in components, eMachines would be the gold standard.

eMachines were the impetus for me to stop doing work
on the side.  About 2-3 years ago these started to
propagate all over the damned place, and every one
made me crazy.

It was when I had two on the bench one time that I
realized they were the "same" model and built in the
same week of production.  If you took the covers off
the insides were totally different between the two.
Not a single board/component was the same between the
two except for case and power supply.  MB, video, all
the expansion boards, even the hard drives were from
different vendors.

Avoid them at all cost.  They are the bottom dwellers
of consumer machines.

Dan

--- "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anybody know anything about those eMachines?  Junk
> or what?

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.