----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Knoble" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >I have a 21 year old "child" who is bipolar.  We went
>> through ADD/ADHD long before it was fashionable.  He
>> was the poster child for drug trials for this crap,
>> too.
>>
>> Thank goodness for modern pharmaceuticals.  Without
>> them he would be in an institution, not a functional
>> member of society.
>
> Amen to that. My second EX wife was bi-polar and I was the lucky bastard
> who finally figured out she had a chemical imbalance / was mentally ill.
> Everybody else in her life figured she just had "problems". The stories I
> could tell.... I wouldn't wish bi-polar on anyone either.
> Rick

I always recommend www.recovery-inc.org when the subject of mental disorders
comes up.  It's a "self-help" method, so a person has to "want" to get well
for it to work.  During fifty years in the medical field I've seen some
remarkable "cures" by desperate people who used it to control their symptoms
and impulses.  They include schizophrenics, bipolars, D.I.D.s (multiple
personalities), neurotics,  depressed patients, and many other kinds.  There
are weekly group meetings all over the U.S. and many foreign countries.
Gerry