On Jan 30, 2008, at 10:06 PM, Mitch Haley wrote:

> Voting for the "lesser" of two evils is a vote for evil. I did that
> once in my life (in 2000), and I'm ashamed of it. You seem proud of
> it.  If you don't like the current one party system, why do you
> continue to vote for it, and insist that others follow suit? The
> only way to break the monopoly is to vote for something other than
> the status quo.

Pride is not the word I'd use, but I don't live in fantasy land.
Either the Republican or Democratic nominee is going to be the
president in January 2009.  There are benefits to a two party system,
and there are drawbacks.  The benefits are that the majority party
can probably get some things done.  It forces people to say "I want A
more than B"  A drawback is that more often than not, the candidate
is a compromise in some areas compared to what you might ideally
want.  Utopias don't exist.  Would you rather have Hillary or [Romney
| McCain | Huckabee].  Because it WILL be one of them in January.

Allan