I see that Harbor Freight has a 3/8" air ratchet on sale for $9.99. Is
there a chance that it would be useful?

Also --- I inherited an old (1958) air compressor from my Dad. It ran
in his dental office for most of the years, and was taken care of
then, but has been sitting in the barn for the last six or seven
years. It runs OK, but does blow a fair amount of rust at the low
pressures I've let it build up. How do I determine whether the tank is
safe to get to 150 psi other than turning it one and leaving the house
for the rest of the day and praying?

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK