From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Gary Hurst
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:20 PM
To: Banned List; Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] why america is finished (pizza, not mercedes)

i grew up in queens, which is not exactly a hot spot of culture.  despite

the barbarism, there as still a few things we still value.  in terms of

food, pizza and deli are sacrosanct.  most queens pizza is a simply round

think pie that is very flexible, the crust being topped with a little sauce

and quite a bit of good mozzarella.  this is the paradigm for pizza to many

americans.   for those who prefer more bread, a so called "sicilian" pizza

is offered with, rectangular with an extremely thick crust.  both are darn

good!

one might think that having grown up with such a strong pizza tradition,

that i'd be some kind of new york pizza snob.  i am not though.  i recognize

that there are many styles of great pizza apart from the simple new york

style.  there is really so many possibilities because pizza isn't anything

other than topped bread.  for example, take a gander at this CT pizza from

the north end of the long island sound:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Whiteclampie.jpg

it is fantastic, no?

so with all this array of simply amazing possibilities, what do most

americans eat for pizza?  well, um, dominoes and pizza hut.  the frozen

stuff in the supermarket.

how can a nation this moronic rule the world?  the end must be near, no?