Richard Smith wrote:
> The person in front always has the right of way in any state in the
> USA. If they want to slow down and run along beside the car in the
> right lane then they are well within the law to do so, but following
> to close is a crime in every state.

You also have the legal right to flip off other drivers.... it doesn't
mean it is the right thing to do.  Staying in the fast lane and not
overtaking a vehicle when you have a string of cars behind you is
extremely rude and liable to incite road rage in other drivers.  It is
better for everyone involved if the person holding up traffic in the
fast lane slows down/speeds up to get around the vehicle they are passing.

> To me it sounds like Luther is just being a good parent and
> attempting to teach an immature childish driver a lesson in behaving
> safe and respectful. Something we all have to do with two year old
> occasionally. Its just to bad they give two year old drivers
> licenses.

Two wrongs don't make a right.  Slamming on the brakes for no apparent
reason is highly dangerous with a tailgater...  what happens if they
can't stop in time, hit you on a corner, and throw you underneath that
semi you're riding next to?  Then they go flying across the median into
oncoming traffic.  Quite a lesson if you ask me.  Especially for the
innocent bystanders.

John