"R A Bennell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Call me chicken but I don't want to stand close enough to the tank
> to pump it up like that. I know it is not supposed to blow up but if
> it starts squirting water out of some pinhole, I don't want to be in
> the way. Initially it should come out at a pretty good pressure. I
> think they cut things like steel and stone with high pressure
> water. Ever get your fingers or feet in the way of the pressure
> washer wand?

Yeah but I think you are talking about thousands of PSI, not hundreds,
for that.

Pressurized tanks make me a bit nervous too.  Do you all tend to bleed
the air out when you're not using them?  I drain the water, but leave
my tank pressurized all the time.  The compressor kicks on every few
days to recharge it if I'm not using it.  I figure this is less stress
on the tank than continually decharging/recharging the tank.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230