I'm in Canada so the place I got mine won't exist on your side. They actually
did open a test store in Omaha a few
years back but decided against an expansion into the US - lots of competition
down there. I should think someone
like Harbour Freight or Tractor Supply etc.There must be people down there who
sells the bits and pieces to repair
or to build your own compresor.

I don't recall what it cost but it was reasonable - all things considered - as
I was a bit sqeamish about working
near it when it was charged up. It came with advantages and disadvantages of
course. The new tank is bigger so has
more capacity but takes longer to pump up and if I only need it for something
small, then it is a bit of a waste to
pump it all the way but one needs the pressure so no choice. I don't leave  it
on all of the time as despite my
best efforts it still leaks a little bit somewhere and will cycle on and off
even if I am not using it.

I also had to clean and paint it as it came in grey primer. My compressor is an
old deVilbis (sp?) so I went to the
modern colors for their new compressors - orange tank and black head where the
old tank was sort of an army green
color.

The other issue that I encountered was of course that the flange (for lack of a
better word) that sits on the tank
top and mounts the motor, head etc was not identical and it would have required
some work to make the individual
parts fit the new tank. I solved that by cutting the one off of the old tank
and mounted it on top of the one on
the new tank. Fairly easy with a couple of pieces of angle iron and some bolts.
I could send a photo if you are
interested at all.

Wouldn't have minded one of the vertical tanks to reduce floor usage in the
garage but it would have been even more
difficult to mount the existing motor etc on top of the tank.

Randy