From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Allan Streib
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 1:47 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] why america is finished (pizza, not mercedes)

"archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> A friend would come over and my wife would make oven pizzas using
> Bisquick for the crust.  We would sit and eat pizza until we could
> barely move.  Best pizza I've ever eaten.  This was back in the
> 1950s before the chains.

I mostly make my own pizza now, make the dough in a kitchen-aid mixer.
I have still not achieved what I would call prefection in a crust, but
it's not bad.  I think I'm limited in what I can accomplish in the
finished product because my home oven will not get hot enough.  I do
have a "pizza stone" to simulate the deck of a real pizza oven but
it's still not the same.

I also cannot get really high-gluten flour here locally.  Best I can
do is bread flour at the supermarket.

Any of the former Domino's folks happen to know the Domino's dough
recipe?  I know the six ingeredients but not the exact proportions.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230