I have one of each too.  As a package, I prefer the mercedes, but then
again, it cost a lot more than the others too.  As far as mechanical
reliability, I think they're all pretty much the same, if anything, maybe
the GMs are better.  The mercedes rides nicer, but then again, it has a
multi link rear end, and not a live axle.  That's also reflected in the cost
when buying new.  I think all cars have their weak spots, and it's just a
matter of what you're will to live with.  For the most part, if well
serviced, I find most cars will go hundreds of thousand of kms or miles
without much trouble.

Ed
300E