On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 07:56:49AM -0800, Jim Cathey wrote:
> > I could I would drive a different car every month, just to be able to
> > enjoy the little quirks about each car.
>
> I do, sort of.  About a dozen that could be driven, though most
> not right away.  Anathema to my wife, however.  Not real fond
> of GM in general, but we have a couple.  I guess we've got Ford,
> GM, Chrysler, and MB represented.  Nothing Japanese, however.
> No front-wheel drive.  No SUV of any sort.  I guess we're weird.

Yeah, same here, except I have one front drive car, one japanese truck,
and ... a bunch of SUVs. Have all three of the big three represented, two of
the not so big three, as well as mercedes, vw, and toyota.

Truth be told, I can find something to complain about with each of them.
Nothing is perfect, and once you're used to something's quirks and know where
to find parts for it, you can generally keep it going okay, except perhaps
some lucas wired or italian vehicles. Some days, everything drives me nuts
and I want to get rid of them all and have a horse and a bicycle.

I'm not really a fan of asian cars myself, but cut the toyota slack because
I have a soft spot for old landcruisers. This one even has a factory diesel
with five speed. The vw is front drive, which I don't prefer either, but
it's still fun in its own right.