Curt wrote:

"Technically true and I might add quite selfish. Don's driving a larger vehicle
makes him more likely to KILL someone in the event of a crash. Ever think of it
that way?"

Boy you are right you are in a mood.  I did not think of it that way.
Honestly, the reason I bought the Expedition was that when I blew the
headgasket on my 126, I needed a car that I could absorb the loss in value of
the 126.  What I mean is that if I had traded it (126) in before it blew the
headgasket it would have been worth "X" but with a blown head gasket and likely
head replacement it was worth 1/2 of X.  So, I wanted a car that I could buy
for that much less than its retail value on the chance that I could make up the
loss in value of the 126.  I bought the Expedition for $4000 less than book
value. I felt like I got a great deal. It is ridiculously clean, in perfect
shape, has every option available on a 2001 Expedition, and was a one owner car
with a 2 inch think set of service records all from the shop I had my 126
serviced at.

I admit that I knew going into it, that these big ole cars get bad mileage. I
was misinformed that they would get 20 on the highway and 15 or so in town.
The reality is 11-13 in town and 16-17 on the highway.  I still like the car,
but hate the mileage.  It is a national pastime to bitch about gas mileage.
So, just talk my emails up to that.

As far as killing anyone with my SUV, I certainly pray that I don't  and will
drive accordingly.
Donald H. Snook

http://www.mtsqh.com/