Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 09:28:07 -0600
From: Donald Snook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] RE OT: The World Has Plenty of Oil
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Peter wrote: "Remember, big SUV's have the WORST injury/fatality record
 for occupants of any vehicle on the road.  They are, and always have
 been, the least safe one to drive."

I don't have any evidence to dispute this, but I thought small SUV's
 were the worst at rolling over and being unsafe.  Perhaps, it is a matter
 of terms, I don't consider the Ford Explorer or Jeep Cherokee to be
 large SUVs.   I think they have much higher rollover rates that large
 SUV's like the Expedition, Tahoe, Suburban, etc.  It is my understanding
 that rollover is heightened if the vehicle has a shorter wheelbase and
 is narrow.  My Expedition has neither of those.

Donald H. Snook