Peter wrote: "Remember, big SUV's have the WORST injury/fatality record for
occupants of any vehicle on the road.  They are, and always have been, the
least safe one to drive."

I don't have any evidence to dispute this, but I thought small SUV's were the
worst at rolling over and being unsafe.  Perhaps, it is a matter of terms, I
don't consider the Ford Explorer or Jeep Cherokee to be large SUVs.   I think
they have much higher rollover rates that large SUV's like the Expedition,
Tahoe, Suburban, etc.  It is my understanding that rollover is heightened if
the vehicle has a shorter wheelbase and is narrow.  My Expedition has neither
of those.

Donald H. Snook

http://www.mtsqh.com/