> I don't know how it works in merica but over here in God's own land we
> have a two tier system, it is compulsory to have third party bodily
> injury insurance which comes with the car rego.

So you have the same stupid system we do where you are punished
for owning more than one vehicle per driver?  Fer cryin' out
loud, does owning 12 cars (our total) make me 12x times more
likely to smash into someone?  I doubt it.  Fortunately I can
get them registered without insurance, and we roll the insurance
around on our working set, but it takes doing.  It's not compulsory
(yet) at vehicle licensing time.

Alla that crap ought to be like fuel taxes, that way
they'd be direct use taxes.

-- Jim