"Kaleb C. Striplin" wrote:

> (namely its split between her and my uncle, with those
> other damn grandkids getting a share from that house sale)

Are those other damn grandkids your uncle's offspring, or the
offspring of a deceased aunt/uncle? If the latter, they are
just getting their parent's share. My grandmother left everything
to her children equally, without discriminating against the daughter
who died before she did. So while the six surviving kids assumed
that she would have wanted it split six ways, it got split seven
ways with my cousin getting his mother's share.

Mitch.