you are talking about christopher reeves.  Yes, very sad

LarryT wrote:
> I'm sure sad stories about the way kids treat their aged parent/s in nusring
> home are enough to fill the internet.  My wife works at a VA hospital and
> when on the extended care floor she talked about people who had *no*
> visitors and worse, visitors who would show up on payday - so they could get
> the parents retirement check - then they'd disappear for another month.
>
> Then there's things like the guy who played Superman - something Reeves -
> who broke his back while horseback riding and was paralyzed - even though
> wealthy and he appeared with a seeming loving wife at his side he died from
> complication of bed sores - a very easily preventable problem caused by
> spending too much time in one position in bed - typically caregivers will
> move the patient often to keep sores from forming.  We did it with our
> mothers for a long time and neither developed bedsores.  So I'm really at a
> loss to understand why someone who had the money to have full time
> caregivers would die from a problem caused by lack of care - but I guess it
> happens all the time.
>
> Too many sad stories.
>

> Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
> www.youroil.net for Oil Analysis and Weber Parts
> Test Results http://members.rennlist.com/oil
> PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
> Weber Carb Info http://members.rennlist.com/webercarbs

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  94 E420, 92 300SD, 92 300D, 92 250D Turbo, 92 300E 4Matic,
  91 300D, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 89 260E, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro,
  84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 81 380SLC, 80 240D, 76 240D,
  76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250