I see that all the time driving down I44 at night, or I40 heading back
toward OK.

Rich Thomas wrote:
> No, 98s -- 10 yr old, at least that is what I have been able to figure
> from the articles in the paper written about it (I swear the idiots
> writing in the Houston Chronicle must have received their creds from a
> cereal box -- I have seen maybe 3 articles on the topic, and it is never
> really clear).  Some issue in Mexico with the new and used car sellers
> getting undercut by the shitboxes they drag down there from Occupied
> Aztlan, so they got a law passed that the cars have to be 98s to get
> imported, next year it will be 99s, etc. (I guess).  Probably does not
> apply to the newer F150s that are being stolen at a wicked rate.
>
> I used to see these clapped-out little pickups and minivans in a
> caravan, each towing another.  I have seen the pickups with a front half
> in the bed of one, and the back in half in the bed of the other, 3
> getting hauled down there.  Or the trucks and minivans are full of old
> kitchen appliances.  When I drive from Houston to KY to see my dad, I
> see quite a few of these caravans coming from Arkysaw and Tennessee,
> going through Houston on south.  Have not seen many lately, I guess this
> has put a stop to that form of entrepreneurship.
>
> --R
>
> Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
>> You mean it has to be newer than 10 years old, or older than 10 years old?
>>
>> Rich Thomas wrote:
>>
>>> Mexico just passed a law that says only 10 yr old cars can be imported
>>> now, so the prices of 1998 cars, trucks, vans has gone up 30% in the
>>> last few weeks here in Occupied Aztlan.
>>>
>>> --R

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  94 E420, 92 300SD, 92 300D, 92 250D Turbo, 92 300E 4Matic,
  91 300D, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 89 260E, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro,
  84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 81 380SLC, 80 240D, 76 240D,
  76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250