I have nothing against modified cars, other than I find them a pain and more
money and trouble than they are often worth.  I always say, spend the money
on driving school to learn to wring everything out of a car.  Once you find
the car is too slow, it's often easier and cheaper to just buy a faster
car.  Even some AMG models are affordable now.  I know you have a certain
idea about what you want, like a big HP diesel, then you have no choice but
to make your own, but with the money often involved, and the extra fuel it
would use, again, maybe just get a fast gasser.  Still, having said that,
it's always fun to see what can be bolted together out in the garage. :-)

Ed
300E