> R A Bennell wrote:
>> I think (but I could be wrong) that most of the diesel folks on here
>> think that MB did a pretty good job to begin with and that
>> modification beyond something minimal is heresy.
>>
>> Am I right?

>I cannot really recall much reference on this list to diesel modification for
>more power. Did I miss it, or are you
> just saying there are others out there who are more interested in that sort
> of thing?

IIRC, on the old MBZ.org lists there was a diesel list for the purists and a
diesel tech list moderated by Jamie Kopchinski (sp?) that was dedicated to
increasing the output and performance of the beloved MB diesel. A paraphrased
quote from Jabba the Hurst. "Most MB purists believe that if God would've
wanted your Mercedes to come with it, He would've told the engineers at
Stuttgart, and they'd have made it that way." As far as diesel hotrodding goes,
either you learn to speak Finnish or go over to the forums at BuyMBParts and
speak with Dave M. He is THE MAN when it comes to intelligent modifications to
diesel Mercedes...

Caveats,
YMMV
My 2ยข