Don't know the answer to your question but interesting that it is different
here. I'm in Canada - right in the
middle in Winnipeg. Right now, diesel and regular gas are very close to the
same price. I paid 1.104 for a litre of
regular gas yesterday. The pump price is shown as 113.9 but they discount - no
idea why- just silliness. Diesel, is
about 1.11 I think. I don't drive the old 300D in the winter so I have not
filled it since October. I paid .949 for
diesel pretty well all of last summer. Gas was more variable and I paid from
about .989 to 1.179 for regular gas
last summer.  Wonder what they will be this summer.  I make a 350 mile round
trip to the cottage about 10 to 12
times each summer so I'm going to the poor house buying fuel in the summer. In
winter I don't go too far from home
so the mileage may be lower but the miles are too. I've only put about 4K
kilometers on my truck since the last
trip to Ontario in mid October and that is with the help of my elder son who
has taken the truck to his inlaws an
hour out of Winnipeg at least a couple of times since Christmas.

If you are not up on metric - there are about 3.78 litres in a US gallon and a
kilometer is about .62 miles. I'll
let you do the math.

Randy