On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Gary Hurst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> it's always been the case that most films are formula crap made to appeal to
>  enough of the lowest common denominator to make lots of money.  and it has
>  always been the case that some good films are made despite this model.

That's all true. I think when people say that movies used to be
better, either their memory is colored by nostalgia, or they're misled
by the skewed sample of old movies that get shown on TV or are
available on video---i.e., only the good ones.  A lot of crummy old
movies you just don't see anymore, because, well, they were crummy.
Sturgeon's Law is a constant.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo et al.