Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:41:40 -0400
From: "LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT, movies are unrealistic these days
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Hi Kaleb,
Couldn't agree more!  Everytime I see someone outrun an explosive blast
laugh out loud.  *Someone* who is directing those scenes has not
 concept of
how a explosion really acts. The shock forces move at a rate measured
 in
thousands of feet per *second* - yet we see people run down hallways,
 jump
over barriers and down into holes as they seek to escape the on-rushing

shock of explosive gases and flames!

Then there's things like people hiding behind sheetrock walls and car
 doors
as protection from gun fire always get me laughing. <LOL>

It's up there with TV Wrestling - and although all the martial experts
 are
often fun to watch, there's little attachment to reality there either.

There's a program on Discoverychannel called Myth Busters that take on
 all
kinds of beliefs that are sometimes commonly accepted even though they
 have
zero chance of working.  Sometimes they work, often not.

Things like a guy falling from a high building and grabbing a 4x8 sheet
 of
plywood then using it to "fly" down to safety.

Couldn't be reproduced so they concluded it was a myth.  Hopefuly
 they'll
look at someof the ridiculous things the movies try to put over on us.
Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net