You might have a bad/loose hose somewhere, or the cnxn at the vac pump
itself is loose?  Or a hose clogged?  Or maybe you have a failing brake
booster, took me awhile to diagnose that but a new one restored all to
its previous glory.  I wouldn't think a torn diaphragm in the vac pump
would do that, they tend to just tear and are then bad.  Not sure how
the brake booster is made, but there is a diaphragm in there too, I
guess mine just tore or something.

--R