Good luck with all the many parts of that.  I lived in Indy for about 5
years {grad school] and liked it pretty well most of the time.
BillR

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of LWB250
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 12:05 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Chowda'Q

There is the potential for a future "Indy 'Q".

  To more or less let the cat out of the bag, the family and I will be
returning to Indianapolis (our hometown) this summer to take over
partnership in a business I was formerly a part of.  My formerly former
partner is about 10 years my senior, and he has recently come to the
realization that there is, in fact, life outside of the business.

  As a result I will be returning to gradually take over the business so he
and his brother can segue out of it and begin to enjoy a life of leisure
while I work myself to death...

  <grin>

  The nature of my relocation is such that I expect to be "house rich" due
to the grossly inflated home values here in Florida, resulting in a lot a
equity that I have to do something with or take my lifetime capital gains
tax.  That, coupled with significantly lower home prices in Indianapolis and
environs, makes for a good deal for us when it comes to finding a house.
Add in the current market situation, and you couldn't ask for a better
chance to do some serious negotiating.  While we haven't looked at it in
detail, I suspect we will end up with a large home and some land, possibly.
Even if that doesn't work out, the business has a large piece of property
that would lend itself to a nice gathering.  We're on Country Club Road just
north of West 10th Street, if you're interested in location.  There are lots
of nice things to see in the immediate area, (500 Speedway, Children's
Museum, etc.) so it would be an ideal place to have a gathering, especially
for those who
 might want to include family members.

  Now all I have to do is find an MB....

  Dan

Ed Booher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 11:53 AM,
wrote:

> We tried to have a Chowda'Q in Massachutes a few years ago.

Aren't there enough people in IN, IL and OH to have a Midwest'Q in Indiana?
I mean, it is the crossroads of America after all. Equally distant from all
peoples, except the smelly hippies in CA, they have a mountain range or
seven in the way.

EdB